Dr Bob Khanna
Dentist and International Teacher of Facial Aesthetics
BDS Wales 1993
GDC Number (listed as Rajesh Khanna): 68541
Dr Bob Khanna has been practicing cosmetic dentistry and facial aesthetics for over 25 years and is one of the world’s most eminent and respected Facial Aesthetics Practitioners. He is trusted by many doctors globally, with a high percentage of DrBK patients being medical professionals themselves, earning him the nickname of “The Doctor’s Choice” for Facial Aesthetics.
Dr Khanna graduated from the University of Cardiff in 1993. He subsequently spent four years as an associate in general practice before opening his own Clinic in Ascot in 1997.
Dr Khanna has continued to work in private practice and has developed an interest in Implantology and Cosmetic Dentistry. In recognition of his devotion to his patients and outstanding patient care, Dr Khanna was awarded the prestigious Private Dentist of the Year award in 2009. Following this achievement, Dr Khanna opened the DrBK clinic here in Reading offering his patients the very best dental care in the most relaxing of environments.
Since qualifying in 1993, Bob has authored numerous offline/online articles and webinars which have been featured in dental and medical publications and websites. He has also been featured in local, national and international media outlets. Due to his global achievements, Professor Bob Khanna was appointed Professor of Facial Aesthetics at the University of Sevilla in 2012 and has established a reputation for leadership in the field of Facial Aesthetics. He is an internationally renowned Lecturer in this field and regularly chairs and lectures at the largest Conferences in the world. Since 1996 he has advised and acted as International KOL for Merz, Teoxane, Q-med, Allergan, Filorga, and Galderma, helping to develop his full face approach.
Fun fact: As well as constantly travelling the world and changing the lives of patients, Professor Khanna is also the President of the International Academy of Advanced Facial Aesthetics (IAAFA). IAAFA is an organisation that raises money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation and to date they have raised over £240,000.
Dr Khanna has been featured on many cosmetic surgery related television documentaries. e.g. Cosmetic Surgery Live (Channel 5), The Ruby Wax Show (BBC one) and Silicone chicks (Discovery Health) and assisted in the launch of Sky televisions award-winning Nip-Tuck series with his major contribution in ‘Plastic Surgery Laid Bare’ (sky one).
- Clinical Director of the Dr Bob Khanna Training Institute
- CEO and Principal of DrBK – The Ultimate Dental & Medical Aesthetics Clinic
- Professor of Facial Aesthetics – University of Sevilla
- President of the International Academy of Advanced Facial Aesthetics (IAAFA)
- 1996: First Dental surgeon in the world to embrace facial aesthetics
- 1997: Dr Bob Khanna Training Institute opened, training thousands of dentists, doctors and surgeons all over the world.
- 2003: Awarded with a Fellowship from the ‘International Academy of Dental Facial Aesthetics’ in New York, an accolade shared by some of the world’s most eminent Dental surgeons.
- 2005: Founded ‘International Academy of Advanced Facial Aesthetics’ (IAAFA). IAAFA is supported by many Internationally accomplished Dentists, Doctors, Plastic surgeons and Dermatologists.
- 2007 to current: FACE conference UK – Invited lecturer and conducting live demonstrations.
- 2008: ‘Best training course provider of the year’ at the ‘Aesthetic medicine awards as voted by the profession.
- 2009: Awarded ‘UK Private Dental Surgeon of the Year’, as voted by his peers.
- 2009: DrBK Clinic and Training Institute opened in Reading -a state of the art facility dedicated to clinical excellence.
- 2009: Royal College of Surgeons (London) Appointed as Lead Clinical Director in the FGDP facial aesthetics masterclass.
- 2010: Kings College London – Author of the Facial Aesthetics module of the Aesthetics MSc.
- 2010: Q-Med masterclasses in Sydney, Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- 2011 to current: Appointed Clinical Chairman and Director at the Aesthetic Medicine World Congress (AMWC) – Monaco, Berlin, Moscow, South America, Far east.
- 2012 to current: Appointed Professor of Facial Aesthetics – University of Sevilla, Spain